May 22, 2011

Introduction

I’m not really sure how to begin this blog, so I’ll try not to lose you.

My purpose in starting this one is because there’s not a whole lot of information out there about this process. At least that’s how I felt when I went looking.

For a quick history of us:
We’ve been married for 12 years and have gone through:
*4 kids (10, 8, 6, ½ years)
*youth pastor job (him)
*pastor job (him)
*scrapbooking business (me)
*Master of Divinity (him)

These are the highlights in a nutshell.

Here's what led us to where we are now:
About 3 ½ years ago, my husband got Band of Brothers for Christmas. I swear we’ve seen every episode about a million times! Anyway, that February or so, he mentioned something to me about joining the army as a chaplain. I laughed it off and told him he’d been watching too much Band of Brothers. Apparently, it was much bigger than either one of us thought. Because, we never quit talking about it and now we’re officially starting the process.

I began a journal about a year ago so my plan is to post those entries here. You’ll see the date I post it here, but I’ll also include the actual date I wrote it.

I will not mention names or places because we haven’t really told anyone else about this yet. Soon, but not yet.

No comments: