May 27, 2011

12-3-2010

When I prayed, I asked God to speak regarding the future, whether the chaplaincy was for us. I read out of 2 Corinthians, Proverbs, Psalm, Isaiah, and 1 Samuel. So the words I read were: armies, soldiers, deployed,  battle. I have to wonder if it's a coincidence or is He really speaking? I did ask Him to "hit me upside the head." But would He do something like this?

Yesterday was Mr. H's day off because he wanted to  hunt. About  2 hours into his hunt, he called to tell me he shot one. So he came home earlier than expected.

His plan this week was to call the chaplain recruiter from Texas. He was so busy that it didn't get done. I kind of forced him to call yesterday. No one answered and he left a message. As far as I know, he has not gotten a call back. He left his cell and home number.

After he made the call, I felt so nervous! Mr. H. said he felt fine, and that it felt like the right thing to do. So now, we wait to hear back. I'm driving myself nuts, trying to learn all I can about becoming an army chaplain.

***Not a journal Entry:
What's with recruiters? Why do they not follow through? They say they'll call back, but never do. Does anyone familiar with the army have an answer for me?*** 

No comments: