Nov 10, 2011

DEERS and Renting

It's been over a month since my husband has been commissioned and he's still not been entered in DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System). What's taking so long I wonder? Maybe they're waiting until it's closer to time for him to leave. I don't know.


On another note, we put down a little on a rental in a town about halfway between where I live now and where my family lives. We were all set to move there and even looked at it and had a tentative move-in date. Then a duplex in my hometown (SL--where most of our family is) came up for rent. I let Mr. H. know  "I would love to live in it, but that since we sort of committed to the other one, we could make that work too."  He remembers it more as a "if you don't let us live here, I'll be mad at you forever..." :)


He contacted the guy with the duplex and we have a move-in date of the 15th. He also called the owner of the house and let him know that our situation changed. 


I've been packing some, but not a whole lot.  We don't have a lot of "stuff" I don't think. I hate to pack up the kitchen or bathroom because that's a last minute thing. I do a lot of baking and cooking and I'd hate to need something that's packed in a box somewhere. Although I do a pretty good job of labeling my boxes. I put what's in it and where it goes in the new place. Or maybe everyone does that...?


A side note: please be praying for our church as they look for a new pastor...

No comments: