Sep 5, 2011

It's a Small World

So, I started this blog and didn't really expect to get many followers. It was just a place for me to write about our journey in case anyone else was going through the same thing. Well, it turns out that I got a few readers and even a few followers! That was a surprise to me really.

There is one family (hello, Mr. and Mrs. T!) that has been reading this blog for a few months now. I had no idea that they were following, who they were, or where they came from. I was totally oblivious to the fact that they were even aware of what I wrote.

Anyway, our lives have intersected dramatically in the past few days. You see, Mr. T's family is pursuing the Navy Chaplaincy also. So they are right where we are. And that's not too odd, right? But the crazy ridiculous thing is that Mr. T. and Mr. H. will be roommates in DC this week! How crazy is that? I think it's amazing that the Lord would put them together.

Mr. T. and Mr. H. were copied on the same email from a Navy Chaplain so Mr. T. contacted Mr. H and addressed his email to "Mr. H." (I still don't really know how they put 2 and 2 together about Mr. H on the blog and Mr. H. in real life.) So, now we've already struck up a friendship with these two. There's nothing like having a friend who is going through the same thing that you are! Their future, also, is riding on the results of this week's interview. It's a scary and exciting place to be, but makes it even easier to know that you have friends who are there with you.

I don't believe in coincidences. I believe the Lord orchestrates and plans "coincidences." What a great thing.

And, the latest is that Mr. H. will receive his itinerary for the DC trip tomorrow. Then we'll really know what's what.

No comments: