Oct 7, 2011

Our Lieutenant JG

It's official...well, assuming he graduates from ODS and Chaplain School. HE WILL!

Last Monday was Mr. H.'s commissioning service and it was so cool. It was only a 39 second ceremony. Yes, really, 39 seconds. He had to repeat something like this:

"I, ______________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I'm not sure if this is EXACTLY what he said, but it's pretty close.

We had some family and friends attend, driving almost 2 hours for the short ceremony. It was really a very cool event. One that will go down in my scrapbook.

No comments: